More than 3 million mexicans they return every year from United States to pass the end of year partys with their families, but the Covid-19 pandemic and the closure of borders the figure could decrease in 2020.
The government of Mexico He called on nationals abroad to return to the nation in the Christmas season only if necessary.
This week, the governments of United States Y Mexico they extended the partial border closure terrestrial until December 21, after extending it every month from March to try to contain the spread of Covid-19.
According to the restrictions, people with the nationality mexican can travel from United States to Mexico by air or land regardless of the purpose of the transfer.
The government recommended to the nationals that they will return to Mexico to complete most of the border procedures online to speed up entry into the country. These documents include the Multiple Immigration Form, the temporary vehicle import permit and the federal taxpayer payment format.
However, mexicans They could be barred from attempting to return to the United States at the end of the winter vacation if they do not meet the requirements of essential traveler.
Since most restrictions apply to land income, nationals can choose to enter United States by plane. However, a Customs officer has the last word to allow or deny entry into the country.
The restrictions will be maintained in the same terms in which they have been developed since their implementation on March 21.
Both countries will coordinate health measures in the border region that will be in effect until 11:59 p.m. December 21, 2020.
– Foreign Relations (@SRE_mx) November 18, 2020
Who can cross into the US during the pandemic?
– Workers in the agriculture sector.
– People who will attend an educational institution.
– Patients who will receive medical treatment.
– To support in emergency work as a public official, reinforcement for the government or emergency personnel.
– As a worker involved in legitimate cross-border trade.
– US citizens or residents.
– Military or diplomats who will carry out operations.