Madrid, May 23 . .- The State Meteorological Agency (Aemet) foresees for today, Saturday, significantly high temperatures in much of the Peninsula, especially in the Guadalquivir valley, and in the Canary Islands, as well as intense spells of wind in the Strait, north coast of Galicia and in the Canary archipelago.
Today cloudy or overcast skies and generally weak precipitations are expected in the Cantabrian, upper Ebro and northwestern Navarra, which will tend to stop at the end of the day.
There will be increasing cloudiness throughout the day in the Pyrenees, Catalonia, the east of the Iberian system and in León, with the possibility of leaving some showers or storms in the afternoon, more likely in the eastern Pyrenees and the Iberian Teruel, where it is not rules out that they are punctually strong.
In the rest of the country, skies with little cloud or with high clouds will predominate. Possible fog banks will emerge early in the day in the interior of Galicia and the Cantabrian Sea, and at the mouth of the Ebro.
Temperatures will drop in the northern third of the Peninsula, except in Catalonia, locally noticeably in the interior. Thermal values will rise in the Canary Islands, more pronounced in the south of the islands with more relief, and will remain with little change in the rest. The maximum is expected to exceed 36 or 38 degrees in the Guadalquivir valley, and 32 or 34 degrees in the interior of the southern half of the peninsula and at points in the south of Gran Canaria.
East wind on the Alborán coast, which will increase during the day to strong in the Strait. From the northeast in Galicia, the Levante coast, the Balearic Islands and the Canary Islands, and a northern component in the rest of the north of the peninsula, with strong intervals on the northern Galician coast, Ampurdán and the Canary Islands of greater relief. Loose in the rest of the country.
Prediction by autonomous communities:
– GALICIA: intervals of low morning clouds in the northern third and in mountain areas, with morning mists, with a tendency to little cloud in the entire community in the morning. In the afternoon, the intervals of high cloudiness and some cloud of evolution in the mountains will increase. Minimum temperatures with local decreases in the interior, but generally with little change. Maximum declining in the eastern half, more pronounced in the northeast of Lugo and with little change in the rest. A weak north wind, more intense south of Fisterra, with a northeast tendency, which will pick up in the afternoon in the interior of the northern half and on the coastlines, with strong intervals in the environment of Fisterra at the end of the day.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy or overcast, with predominance of low cloudiness and some interval of evolution cloudiness, which will tend to open up in the east at the end of the day. Generally weak rains, more frequent and probable in the morning and in the eastern half, which will tend to remit in the afternoon. Decreasing temperatures, more pronounced in the highs, which will be notable in the interior. A weak north wind, with a northeast trend, which will pick up on the coast in the afternoon.
– CANTABRIA: cloudy skies or overcast with light rains and scattered showers, unlikely in the Campoo-Los Valles area, which will tend to remit in the afternoon and with gaps opening at night. Morning mists. Decreasing temperatures, which in the case of highs will be noticeable off the coast and with lows at the end of the day. Northwest wind, which will turn northeast, generally weak, more intense on the coast at the end of the day.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: cloudy or overcast, with light rains and showers, which will be less frequent and intense in Álava, and which will tend to remit in the afternoon, with gaps opening at night. Morning mists and some fog bank in the northern half. Decreasing temperatures, which in the case of highs will be noticeable off the coast and with lows at the end of the day. Wind from the north, generally weak, more intense in the central hours of the day.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: in the mountainous north and northeast, cloudy or very cloudy skies with a probability of light precipitation, which will remit at the end of the day. In the rest, little cloud with high cloud intervals and evolution cloudiness. Occasional fog banks in the north and west end are not ruled out. Minimum temperatures in descent in the northeast and without changes in the rest, and maximums with slight changes in the southwest and in decrease in the rest, notable and occasionally extraordinary in the northeast. Northeast wind.
– NAVARRA: in the north, cloudy or covered with light rains and showers, which will tend to stop after noon, with gaps opening. In the rest of the Foral Community, cloudy intervals, less frequent towards the south where it will be little cloudy in general. Decreasing temperatures, notable in the case of maximums and with minimums at the end of the day. Light north and northwest wind, which will increase during the second half of the day, until occasionally being strong in the Ribera del Ebro.
– LA RIOJA: cloudy or overcast with the probability of weak precipitation, especially in Rioja Alta, which will remit at the end of the day. Occasional morning fog banks are not ruled out. Decreasing temperatures, notable at maximums. North and northwest wind.
– ARAGÓN: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Retention clouds on the northern slope of the Pyrenees, where some light rains are not ruled out. In the Iberian of Teruel, some clouds of diurnal evolution will appear that can leave a shower with a storm, without ruling out that it may be locally strong. Minimum decreasing temperatures in the northwest and with few changes in the rest, and maximum decreases, locally notable in the upper Ebro valley and in Cinco Villas. Variable light wind, with a tendency to moderate northwest in the Ebro valley.
– CATALONIA: slightly cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Retention clouds on the northern slope of the Pyrenees, which will spread in the afternoon to other areas of the mountain range. Weak rainfall is not ruled out in parts of the Pyrenees. Minimum temperatures with few changes and maximum temperatures in a slight decrease. Variable light wind, with a tendency in the afternoon to a south component, except in the northeast, which will tend to a moderate northwest.
– EXTREMADURA: little cloudy with intervals of high clouds. Temperatures unchanged or slightly rising. Loose winds, predominantly from the north and northwest.
– MADRID COMMUNITY: little cloud with high cloud intervals and some evolution cloud in the mountains during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with little change in the mountains and increasing in the rest of the community. Maximum temperatures with few changes that, except in medium and high areas of the mountains, will exceed 30 degrees. Variable light winds, with a northeast tendency in the afternoon.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: little cloudy with intervals of high clouds and evolution clouds, especially in mountain areas during the central hours of the day. An isolated shower or storm in the Iberian mountain range is not ruled out during the afternoon. Minimum temperatures with little change in mountain areas and increasing in the rest of the community. Maximum temperatures with few changes that, except in the middle and high areas of the mountain areas, will exceed 30 degrees. Variable light winds, with predominance of the northern component in the afternoon in Guadalajara.
– VALENCIAN COMMUNITY: little cloudy with intervals of high clouds. In the interior of Castellón, cloudiness of daytime evolution. Temperatures with little change. Variable light wind, with predominance of the east component during the central hours of the day.
– MURCIA: slightly cloudy skies with high cloud intervals. Temperatures with little change. Loose variable winds in breeze regime.
– BALEARES: slightly cloudy sky with some high interval. Temperatures with little change. Light wind and coastal breezes.
– ANDALUSIA: skies with little cloud or clear, with intervals of high clouds and cloudiness during the daytime in the northeast mountains. Temperatures on the rise in the western third and in the western Almería, without changes in the rest. Variable winds are weak, except in the eastern extreme and in the Strait, with strong gusts in the Strait, which will increase in the afternoon.
– CANARY ISLANDS: predominance of clear skies with intervals of high clouds. In low areas of the north and northeast of the islands of greater relief, cloudy intervals during the first half of the day and in the last hours. Presence of light haze in midlands and in high areas. Generalized rise in temperatures, which may occasionally be noticeable in inland areas, especially on the island of Gran Canaria, where it will exceed 34 degrees in south and west-facing areas. Northeast wind with strong intervals, with punctually very strong gusts in extreme northwest and southeast during the first half of the day. Predominance of the breeze regime in the southwest coasts of the islands of greater relief. In high areas, this component wind.