The Emilia Romagna Grand Prix in Imola, the third race that Italy will have in this unprecedented 2020 Formula 1 season, has already confirmed its format for two days of official activity on the track, one less than usual.
This change is made at the request of the organizers, so on Saturday, October 31, there will be a free testing session at 10:00 AM and the classification at 2:00 PM, while Sunday, November 1 will be played the race at 1:10 PM.
Prior to this competition at the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari in San Marino, Formula 1 will compete in the Eifel Grand Prix at the Nürburgring from October 9 to 11 and then in the Portuguese one in Portimão from October 23 to 25.
The objective of the FIA and Formula 1 is to have a calendar between 15 to 18 races, having so far between disputed and confirmed a total of 13 dates. The Middle East and Asia Grand Prix are still pending, which would close the 2020 season affected by the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Below is the detailed schedule for the Emilia Romagna GP:
Saturday October 31:
Free Tests: 10:00 – 11:30
Classification: 14:00 – 15:00
Sunday, November 1:
• Nürburgring, Portimão and Imola join the F1 2020 calendar with a change in the format
• OFFICIAL: Mexico, Brazil, United States and Canada will not be part of the 2020 F1 season
• F1 confirms two new dates for 2020: the premiere of Mugello and the continuity of Sochi
• Azerbaijan, Singapore and Japan cancel their F1 Grand Prix in 2020
• OFFICIAL: F1 confirms schedule for the first eight races of the 2020 season
• OFFICIAL: 2020 F1 Dutch Grand Prix in Zandvoort canceled
• F1 2020 could be raced on circuits not currently on the calendar
• OFFICIAL: F1 announces its strategy and date to start the 2020 season
• OFFICIAL: 2020 F1 French Grand Prix canceled
• The Canadian Grand Prix enters the list of postponed events in F1
• FIA extends mandatory break period in F1 World Championship
• FIA formalizes measures to organize regulations and F1 calendar due to coronavirus
• Azerbaijan GP postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic
• HISTORICAL: F1 Monaco GP canceled for the first time since 1955
• OFFICIAL: The F1 Grand Prix of Spain, the Netherlands and Monaco are postponed due to the coronavirus
• FIA advances F1 break period to try to relocate races postponed by coronavirus
• Pirelli F1 confirms that one of its members carries the coronavirus
• McLaren reports recovery of employee with coronavirus progresses satisfactorily
• McLaren keeps fourteen team members in quarantine
• OFFICIAL: Next Bahrain and Vietnam F1 Grand Prix postponed
• Team reactions to the cancellation of the 2020 F1 Australian Grand Prix
• OFFICIAL: Coronavirus forces the cancellation of the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix – 2020
• McLaren will not participate in F1 2020 Australian GP due to coronavirus positive