in

Trump says his son is on the mend

President Donald Trump declared Saturday that his eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., is “very well” and in quarantine after testing positive for coronavirus.

“My son Donald is doing very well, thank you!” the president wrote on Twitter on Saturday after it was reported on Friday that the son is now one of 12 million Americans who have been diagnosed with the disease.

More than 250,000 Americans have died from the disease, the highest death toll in the world.

Donald Trump Jr., 42, learned earlier this week that he tested positive. He shows no symptoms and follows the instructions of his doctors, said a spokesman who asked not to be named.

During the election campaign, then-candidate and now president-elect Joe Biden lashed out at the Trump administration’s response to the pandemic. Trump has so far refused to acknowledge the election results.

President Trump, his wife Melania Trump and their son Barron contracted the virus in October and have now recovered. The president spent three days in a military hospital while the first lady recovered in the White House.

Donald Trump Jr.’s girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle, tested positive for the coronavirus in July.

Dozens of people close to President Trump have contracted the disease, including Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany and former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie.