Today is Wednesday May 5 and these are the main news of the day:
1. Police are investigating the death of two older adults in Hialeah as a possible homicide-suicide case. The daughter found the lifeless bodies side by side, along with a firearm, in the apartment they shared. The preliminary report indicates that the man shot the woman and then took his own life. Family members say the victims had been together for 30 years.
2. Broward public schools began immunizing their students ages 16 and older, in a process through Thursday of next week, when the FDA is also expected to authorize the emergency use of Pfizer’s vaccine in children under the age of 18. from 12 years.
3. The Jackson Health System announced that as of today they will begin to allow limited visits to their patients in some units. Adult patients can have one visitor at a time, over 18 years old, from 9 to 11 in the morning, and from 5 to 7 at night. Visitors are not allowed in the adult emergency units.
4. A refund could reach millions of people who received federal unemployment assistance during the pandemic and submitted their 2020 tax returns before the third stimulus package was approved. The new law exempts up to $ 10,200 of unemployment payments from taxes.
5. Jeff Bezos’ space company Blue Origin reported that it will soon begin selling tickets for trips on its New Shepard tour rocket. How much the trip will cost has not been disclosed, but more details will be released today for those who submitted their name and email in a form on the company’s website.