Today is Wednesday, April 21 and these are the main news of the day:
1. A shooting in Little Havana left at least one person dead this morning. The preliminary report indicates that three men were hit from a moving car. One of them received attention from paramedics, but died at the scene, the other two victims were admitted to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
2. The guilty verdict against Derek Chauvin, accused of the death of George Floyd, generated reactions in the country. Thousands of people have demonstrated on social networks, including artists, athletes and politicians who have shown their support for the jury’s decision. The sentence will be issued in eight weeks.
3. Two subjects hit with a gun on the head and robbed a guest of the Rodeway Inn hotel, in Miami-Dade County and everything was captured on video by a security camera. The assailants targeted the victim and demanded his belongings while he waited for a carpool outside the hotel and then beat him.
4. The teenager accused of the accident that caused the death of four young men and left three others injured on New Year’s Day appeared in court. Alex Garcia, 16, faces the charges as an adult. Police say Garcia was driving under the influence of alcohol and marijuana, at 111 miles per hour, at the intersection of Flagler and 79th Avenue.
5. Tickets are sold out for the Miss Universe coronation night, which this year will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in South Florida. There are no longer any tickets for the May 16 evening, which will be broadcast on Telemundo.