Today is Friday, April 23 and these are the main news of the day:
1. The Broward Health health system follows in the footsteps of Jackson in Miami, suspending its vaccination program against the coronavirus starting today due to decreased demand and increased access to vaccines. Those who have already received the first dose there, can get the second in the next few weeks.
2. The woman of Colombian origin who was reported missing eight days ago was found alive. Irma Alexandra Caviedes Villanueva is in intensive care at Jackson South Hospital, after suffering a traffic accident. After an intense search by the family and the police, the woman was located with the help of a social worker.
3. Alcohol may be temporarily banned from 2am in Miami Beach. The commission initially approved the proposal, which would affect more than 40 bars, restaurants and hotels. Four years ago, residents voted against the measure, but now it appears they are demanding change.
4. A three-year-old boy died after falling from a moving car in Miami Gardens. Police say Justin Reyes managed to disengage from his seat and fell from the vehicle, sustaining head and torso injuries. Although he was immediately airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital, he died 50 minutes later.
5. The popular series ‘La Casa de las Flores’ returns as a film. This was let by its director through a photograph on his Instagram account, where the participation of actress Aislinn Derbez, Cecilia Juárez and Juan Pablo Medina is appreciated. He did not give a release date and only indicated that the plot will reveal another facet of the De la Mora family.