Today is Tuesday, April 27 and these are the main news of the day:
1. There is an alarm by a Miami private school asking employees who have not yet been vaccinated against the coronavirus to wait until the end of the school year or until more research is available on whether the vaccine is affecting unvaccinated people . Centner Academy also said it will not employ people who have received one of the three vaccines.
Stay up to date with all the current news and the latest that happens in our community by downloading the Telemundo 51 application for iOS or Android.
2. CDC is expected to end the use of outdoor masks nationwide today. Scientists from the University of Oxford say that the transmission of COVID-19 in open spaces is almost 19 times lower than in closed places. More than 140 million people nationwide received at least one dose of the vaccine.
Miss Universe 6 hours ago
The best of the great night of Miss Universe
missing youth 6 hours ago
Missing 16-year-old body found in Miami
3. Starting today, the vaccination center at the Homestead Sports Complex, 1601 Southeast 28th Avenue, will be open daily from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. No appointment is needed and the vaccine available is from Pfizer. You need to prove residence in Florida.
4. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention changed the recommendations for summer camps. Now consider that the children should keep at least a distance of 3 feet, and 6 feet when they are eating. In addition, most activities should be done outdoors, wearing masks at all times, except at meal times or if you are going to swim.
5. A pair of singer Kanye West’s sneakers sold for $ 1.8 million at auction. The shoes were acquired by the investment platform RARES. It is a black Nike Air Yeezy, worn by the rapper at the 2008 Grammy Awards.