SpaceX would not have put the public at risk with explosion, concludes FAA

The Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) closes its investigation into the explosion of SpaceX’s Starship rocket. Everything would be in order.

All of us who love and follow the trajectory of the projects of Spacex we know perfectly well that they have had some heavy months with the tests of their rockets Starship.

This has not affected the financing and fortune of Elon musk, but when one of these ships explodes in a test it is understandable that the authorities initiate the corresponding investigations.

That was just what the Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) and now they have finally concluded their inquiries.

The public was never in danger

According to friends of, the FAA investigation would have focused on the high-altitude test flight of the past February 2, 2021.

This takeoff was made with Starship’s SN9 prototype, and as you will recall during testing, the prototype soared through the skies successfully.

But when trying to make the maneuver to execute his vertical landing there was an imbalance that added to the weight and speed of the fall made it all end in a great explosion. The Agency got down to business and these were its conclusions:

The FAA today closed the investigation of the SpaceX Starship SN9 prototype mishap on February 2, clearing the way for the SN10 test flight pending approval of license updates by the FAA.

The FAA oversaw the investigation of the SN9 mishap conducted by SpaceX. The SN9 vehicle failed within the limits of the FAA’s safety analysis.

Its failed landing and explosion did not endanger the public or property. All debris was contained within the designated danger area. The FAA approved the final accident report, including probable causes and corrective actions.

In December 2020 SpaceX would have had a similar incident with another monumental explosion. So the FAA had already been investigating whether or not Elon Musk and his company had violated some guidelines.

The good news is that everything is in order and the boy has free ground to continue doing his tests, which hopefully now do not end in explosions.