When your job is for a company and you are paid a salary for the work you do, it will be the company that carries out the withholdings from the payment of taxes that will be delivered to the Tax Administration Service (SAT). Lea Walmart paid the historic SAT tax amount

However, it is always important that you know what your responsibilities are to the SAT and under what circumstances you DO need to be accountable. This will prevent you from falling into a situation that generates legal consequences. According to the SAT, there are at least 5 tax obligations that you must meet.

1. Be enrolled in the RFC

You have to give your required data and documents, such as a birth certificate, so that your employer registers you in the Federal Taxpayer Registry. Although you can also do the process yourself, either online or in person. In all cases, you must verify that you were correctly enrolled.

Read Make your annual statement to the SAT, you are still on time

Read SAT: 13.7% return grows in favor of taxpayers

2. Up-to-date information

It is important that your information is constantly updated, especially in these cases:

If you change your address, you have to submit a notice online, where you can register your most recent address.

3. Increase or decrease in obligations

If you change your economic activity or modify an obligation, such as filing returns, you can complete the entire procedure online.

4. Suspension of activities

If for any reason you stop your economic activities, you must report it so that there are no economic sanctions. You can do the entire process online.

5. Resumption of activities

If you start again with economic activities, you must report it to the SAT. It also applies or if you have a periodic tax obligation to pay, by yourself or on behalf of third parties. You can start and finish the process online.

Under what circumstances will you file an annual return as a salaried employee?

You have the obligation to file your annual return if you find yourself in the following cases:

If during the fiscal year you earned more than 400 thousand pesos

There is an exclusion for this case: if your wages were obtained with a single employer (and you did not have money inflows through other means).

The only condition is that the company or employer has given you payroll vouchers for all that income, because that means that the withholding was made by them. In this case, you have no obligation to declare.

If you stopped working before December 31 of the year the return is filed.
 If you had two or more employers at the same time, and earned income from each.
 If you had more accumulative income that does not have to do with your salary, for example: fees, rent of a property, business activities, etc.
 If you worked for employers who are not required to make deductions, for example International Organizations.
 If as a consequence of retirement, pension, liquidation, or workers compensation, you had income.

And don’t forget, even if your company withholds taxes, you must verify that your situation before the SAT is regular.