The Red Bull Racing team has not been satisfied with the decision of the stewards regarding the yellow flags in the case of Lewis Hamilton. Well, they have protested again and the British driver has received a penalty of three places on the starting grid of the Austrian GP that will start in minutes.
The curators announced that a new video was presented showing one of the panels under the yellow flag at turn 5 and for this reason last night’s decision was reversed.
Before the confirmation came out, Max Verstappen’s mechanics were already in second place and Lewis Hamilton’s were in fifth place.
Official starting grid of the Austrian GP:
1. Valtteri Bottas – (Mercedes)
2. Max Verstappen – (Red Bull)
3. Lando Norris – (McLaren)
4. Alexander Albon – (Toro Rosso)
5. Lewis Hamilton – (Mercedes)
6. Sergio Pérez – (Racing Point)
7. Charles Leclerc – (Ferrari)
8. Carlos Sainz – (McLaren)
9. Lance Stroll – (Racing Point)
10. Daniel Ricciardo – (Renault)
11. Sebastian Vettel – (Ferrari)
12. Pierre Gasly – (Red Bull)
13. Daniil Kvyat – (Toro Rosso)
14. Esteban Ocon – (Renault)
15. Romain Grosjean – (Haas)
16. Kevin Magnussen – (Haas)
17. George Russell – (Williams)
18. Antonio Giovinazzi – (Alfa Romeo)
19. Kimi Räikkönen – (Alfa Romeo)
20. Nicholas Latifi – (Williams)