Three new dates are added to the Formula 1 world calendar for the current 2020 season. The Eifel GP at the Nürburgring, the Portuguese GP in Portimão and the Emilia Romagna GP in Imola now complete 13 valid times of an unprecedented championship as a result of the global pandemic of COVID-19. A change in format will have one of these races.
Since 2013, the Nürburgring has not been present in Formula 1 and this time the German GP is not represented but rather as that of Eifel, named after the region in which it is located. Its date of completion will be from October 9 to 11.
Meanwhile the Autódromo Internacional do Algarve in Portimão makes its debut in the highest motorsport category. There the Portuguese GP will be held from October 23 to 25. The Portuguese country has not participated in F1 since 1996. The setting at that time was the Autodromo de Estoril.
Finally, Imola, one of the F1 classics, has reappeared since 2006 in the highest motorsport category. This time the Grand Prix will bear the name of the region to which it belongs, Emilia Romagna, and not that of San Marino. The event will be held at the Enzo e Dino Ferrari Autodrome from October 31 to November 1. This event will last only two days, with just one practice session prior to qualifying and the race.
In spite of the cancellation of the Grand Prix of Mexico, Brazil, the United States and Canada, the organizers of Formula 1 are getting closer to the goal of having a calendar between 15 to 18 valid. The end of the season will be confirmed shortly, with Bahrain and Abu Dhabi as final events.
• 2020 SEASON CALENDAR – F1 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
• OFFICIAL: Mexico, Brazil, the United States and Canada will not be part of the 2020 F1 season
• F1 confirms two new dates for 2020: the premiere of Mugello and the continuity of Sochi
• Azerbaijan, Singapore and Japan cancel their F1 Grand Prix in 2020
• OFFICIAL: F1 confirms schedule for first eight races of 2020 season
• OFFICIAL: F1 2020 Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort canceled
• F1 2020 could be run on circuits that are not currently on the calendar
• OFFICIAL: F1 announces its strategy and date to start the 2020 season
• OFFICIAL: F1 French Grand Prix 2020 canceled
• The Canadian Grand Prix enters the list of events postponed in F1
• FIA extends mandatory recess period at F1 World Championship
• FIA formalizes measures to organize F1 regulations and schedule for coronavirus
• Azerbaijan GP postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic
• HISTORY: F1 Monaco GP canceled for the first time since 1955
• OFFICIAL: F1, Spanish and Dutch Grand Prix are postponed due to coronavirus
• FIA advances F1 recess period to try to relocate races postponed by coronavirus
• Pirelli F1 confirms that one of its members carries the coronavirus
• McLaren reports that employee recovery with coronavirus is progressing satisfactorily
• McLaren keeps fourteen team members in quarantine
• OFFICIAL: Upcoming F1 Bahrain and Vietnam Grand Prix postponed
• Team reactions after cancellation of the 2020 F1 Australian Grand Prix
• OFFICER: Coronavirus forces cancellation of the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix – 2020
• McLaren will not participate in the 2020 F1 Australian GP due to coronavirus positive