Lucien Favre denied on Wednesday the information about the possibility of leaving his position as coach of Borussia Dortmund after yesterday’s 0-1 defeat against Bayern in the Bundesliga and which practically cuts him off from the title fight.

05/27/2020 at 16:30

CEST

SPORT.es

“I’m not thinking of giving up at all. Yesterday we were all disappointed, but my words in the interview right after the game seem to have been misinterpreted“Favre said.” What I just wanted to say is that now is not the time to review the season. Why should it be? On Sunday in Paderborn we have to offer a great performance again. We have to focus on that, nothing else, “he clarified.

The Swiss was upset after the game to a question after the game and the opinion that he was not a trained coach to win titles. “People have been saying that for months. I don’t read the newspapers, but I know what it is about. I’ll talk about it in a couple of weeks,” he settled.

The German media suggested that this could be an announcement that he would leave the club next month. The tabloid newspaper ‘Bild’ has reported that Dortmund has been in contact for a long time with former Bayern coach Niko Kovac.

Favre, 62, has a contract until 2021. Last year, the 1997 European champion let out an initial lead advantage of nine points and was under great pressure earlier this season after a streak of poor results that managed to reverse.

Club manager Hans-Joachim Watzke also made it clear that there was “no one to discuss the coach.” “We are playing a very, very good second half of the season, we have scored 27 of the 30 points before the game, we have been praised everywhere. What Lucien Favre wanted the least was to start a debate now“he told the newspapers of the media group ‘Funke’.

.