in

IP awaits government invitation for vaccination campaign

The private initiative is waiting for the federal governmentl invites you to participate in the campaign vaccination against Covid-19, which could be towards the end of the first trimester.

The president of Business Coordinating Council (CCE), Carlos SalazarHe said that the private sector offered its help to the government for the logistics of the vaccination campaign when it is carried out in between 10 and 11 million people per month.

▶ ️Mexico accepts UN proposal to prioritize vaccine to poor countries

« This could be feasible, due to the supply, as of March and we must prepare ourselves from the logistical point of view and the follow-up to be given to those who need a two-dose vaccine (…) What we offer are the capabilities of the private sector in the objective of distribution, vaccination and financing support ”, he indicated in a virtual conference this Monday.

The businessman recalled that once the vaccination campaign is massive, financial resources will be required for the distribution of doses, hiring personnel and equipping places for the application, among other elements, which is where the private sector can help .

▶ ️Vaccine is guaranteed despite reduction from Pfizer: AMLO

However, he ruled out that businessmen can buy the vaccine to distribute it because he recalled that there is an agreement between the laboratories and the UN so that only the governments of the countries can acquire it.

Salazar stressed that the application of the vaccine against Covid-19 will be the main challenge this year, followed by the economic recovery.

In that sense, he insisted that the government should prioritize the promotion of private investment and criticized that from the federal public administration the changes in the rules of the game continue, particularly in the energy sector.

The president of the CCE considered that once the change of government in the United States takes place, next Wednesday, it is very likely that the energy issue will return to the table of discussion between the administrations of both countries.

In this regard, the director of the Mexican Business Council for Foreign Trade, Investment and Technology (COMCE), Fernando Ruiz Huarte, stressed that last week the United States government sent a letter to Mexican officials to express concern about the change in rules in the energy sector. He said that if the Joe Biden administration maintains this concern, the issue is likely to be vented in the T-MEC courts.

During the virtual conference of the CCE, directors and president of different chambers expressed their concern that the epidemiological traffic light remains red in 10 entities, including Mexico City, and that the pandemic continues to increase, at levels such as the worst moment of crisis.

▶ ️ Stay informed on our Google News channel

In addition, the president of the CCE reiterated the willingness of businessmen to dialogue on subcontracting matters and to regulate this work scheme to put an end to the legal practices that the federal government has criticized.