Like father, like son ! As . reported on July 28, 2020, Donald Trump Junior is temporarily deprived of his Twitter account. The social network withdrew a video posted by US President Donald Trump on Monday evening, which disseminated false information about the new coronavirus. By rebroadcasting this video on his own account the next day, his 42-year-old son was also censored by the platform.

“This account has not been permanently suspended, said the spokesperson for Twitter. According to the screenshot, the tweet must be deleted because it violates our rules (on sharing false information on Covid-19 ), and the account will have limited functionality for 12 hours. ” In other words, Donald Trump Jr, who works in the Trump Organization, will be restricted in his possibilities to tweet.

The clip showed a group of doctors doing misleading and false statements about the pandemic coronavirus. The video claimed, among other things, that the masks were not necessary to stop the disease. Hours later, President Donald Trump tweeted multiple clips of the same video to his 84.2 million subscribers. Twitter declined to provide more information, including how many people watched the video before it was deleted.

Twitter vs Trump

This video had already been removed by Facebook on Monday evening. “We deleted this video because it shared false information about cures and treatments for Covid-19,” a spokesperson said. According to the Washington Post, more than 14 million people watched it via Facebook. For half an hour, according to the American daily, Mr. Trump also shared 14 tweets in defense of the use of thehydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug that the president has promoted on several occasions, but which several scientific studies have shown to be ineffective in the treatment of Covid-19.