Despite the fact that contagions are reducing, Juanma Moreno, president of the Junta de Andalucía, ruled out a rapid de-escalation this Wednesday because of there is no use running “if the pandemic is going to stop us short”. In this sense, he indicated that “we all want to de-escalate and recover spaces”, but assured that “unfortunately the circumstances do not exist yet” to carry out a rapid de-escalation, as “some economic sectors legitimately request.”
“We have to be very careful, we continue to have the british variant, what it is increasingly present in Andalusia and that it is replacing the one in Wuhan in a much faster and surprising way than it seemed we were going to have, “he stressed. He also recalled that two variants circulate in Spain, “One of them confirmed, the South African”, while in Portugal the Brazilian is present. According to the president, these variants are “Complex” and, furthermore, “we do not have all the information about how they are and how they will behave”, but they have shown “They infect much more” and therefore, “They are much more dangerous”.
For this reason, the Junta de Andalucía has decided to maintain the curfew from 22:00 to 06:00, the closure of commercial and hospitality establishments at 6:00 p.m. and the ban on gatherings of more than four people. Also, new municipalities that exceeded the rate of 500 infections per 100,000 inhabitants on Thursday they have been confinedwhile others have opened. These recent restrictions were to take effect next Saturday, but the Board has decided to advance it to this Friday, February 19, maintaining the closure for the next seven days.
In this way, starting at 00:00 tonight, the inhabitants of 132 Andalusian municipalities are prohibited from entering and leaving, except for justified reasons, according to the Official Gazette of the Junta de Andalucía (BOJA) published this Thursday. What’s more, For 29 of these 132 municipalities, the Board also decrees the closure of all non-essential activities for exceeding 1,000 cases per 100,000 inhabitants in the last 14 days.
– Perimeter closure: Abrucena, Adra, Alhama de Almería, Almería, Bacares, Balanegra, Bédar, Carboneras, Cuevas del Almanzora, Garrucha, Huércal de Almería, Láujar de Andarax, Los Gallardos, Mojácar, Olula del Río, Partaloa, Purchena, Turre, Turrillas, Velez-Rubio and Viato
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Antas, Armuña de Almanzora, Bayárcal, Lúcar, Senés, Tíjola, Urrácal and Vera.
– Perimeter closure: Alcalá del Valle, Algeciras, Barbate, Benalup-Casas Viejas, Benaocaz, Bornos, Cádiz, Castellar de la Frontera, Chiclana de la Frontera, Conil de la Frontera, El Gastor, Medina Sidonia, Rota, San Fernando and Vejer de la Frontera .
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Grazalema, Olvera and Puerto Serrano.
– Perimeter closure: Espejo, La Guijarrosa, Luque, Pedroche, Valsequillo and Zuheros.
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Conquista and Fuente Tójar.
– Perimeter closure: Benalúa, Benalúa de las Villas, Benamaurelm, Castilléjar, Fonelas, Fuente Vaqueros, Guadix, La Calahorra, Láchar, Loja, Montillana, Pedro Martínez, Pórtugos, Purullena, Vélez de Benaudalla and Zújar.
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Aldeire, Busquístar, Domingo Pérez de Granada, Galera, Huéscar and Orce.
– Perimeter closure: Berrocal, Cumbres de San Bartolomé, Isla Cristina and Villanueva de los Castillejos.
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Villablanca.
– Perimeter closure: Andújar, Bailén, Castillo de Locubín, Cazalilla, Cazorla, Fuensanta, Guarromán, Mancha Real, Montizón, Sabiote, Torreperogil and Vilches.
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Benatae.
– Perimeter closure: Algatocín, Cortes de la Frontera, Estepona, Gaucín, Manilva, Marbella, Montejaque, Ojén, Ronda and Villanueva del Trabuco.
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Árchez, Benaoján, Cañete la Real and Serrato.
– Perimeter closure: Alcolea del Río, La Algaba, Brenes, Cantillana, Coripe, El Coronil, Los Corrales, Guadalcanal, Guillena, Isla Mayor, Lora del Río, Los Molares, La Rinconada, El Ronquillo, San Nicolás del Puerto, Villamanrique de la Condesa, Villanueva del Ariscal, Villanueva de San Juan and Villaverde del Río.
– Suspension of non-essential activity: Alcalá del Río, La Campana, El Castillo de las Guardas and Paradas.