The Chinese National Health Commission (NHC) said on Saturday that for the first time there was not a single registered case of COVID-19 in a day.

The Chinese National Health Commission (NHC) reported that for the first time there was not a single case registered on a COVID-19, from the first registered in the central city of Wuhan, capital of the province of Hubei, at the end of 2019.

In a statement released this Saturday, the health authority said that on May 22 there was no increase in the number of confirmed cases, which contrasts with four reported the previous day. However, he indicated that there are two suspected cases: one imported in the coastal municipality of Shanghai, and another location in the Northeast Jilin Province.

According to NHC, Beijing It has seen a drop in locally transmitted cases since last March, as restrictions on the movement of people allowed contagion control in all Chinese territories.

In contrast, an influx of imported cases remains, mainly with Chinese citizens returning from abroad and suspicious groups in the northeast border provinces.

Earlier this month, Wuhan, the central city where the virus supposedly originated, reported having a group of infected, the first since the isolation measures were completed. The discovery sparked a campaign to screen for 11 million residents.

Despite the fact that some international media consider this fact a milestone for the country, the government warned yesterday that it will spare no effort “in its regular prevention and control of pneumonia COVID-19“According to the Chinese news agency Xinhua.

From the origin of the strain, China it accumulates 82 thousand 971 confirmed cases and four thousand 634 deaths. To date, 78,258 patients have been discharged.

With information from Notimex