A young mother is now seriously burned because of what was supposed to protect her from the Coronavirus. She caught fire after disinfecting her hands with hydroalcoholic gel.
Kate Wise’s life was turned upside down by disinfecting her hands with hydroalcoholic gel. Indeed, while lighting a candle in her living room, the young woman from United States took fire.
The candle ignites the gel
Since then, the Texan has been living a real nightmare! Severely burned, this Round Rock mother was hospitalized in intensive care. According to her, the candle flame would have come into contact with the hydroalcoholic solution and a explosion would have taken place.
Coming up at 6– Hear from a #RoundRock woman near #Austin as she recovers in the ICU. Kate says the hand sanitizer she had put on caught fire while trying to light a candle. It left her with severe burns. # KHOU11 pic.twitter.com/BknOZEta1E
– David Gonzalez (@DavidGonzKHOU) September 3, 2020
Burned on several parts of the body, the American affirms that it is the flame of the candle which caused the explosion of the bottle of hydroalcoholic gel. Kate had just put her three daughters to bed when she disinfected her hands and lit a candle.
The hydroalcoholic gel explodes
According to Closer, the victim assured that she had just rubbed her hands when one of them caught fire. In just five seconds, his whole body was consumed by the flames. She then jumped up and hit the gel bottle, which exploded like a bomb.
The American, however, reacted quickly. She took off her clothes on fire and took her disabled daughter and dog to safety. Her two other children rushed to the neighbors to ask for help.
Admitted to intensive care, Kate Wise suffers from second and third degree burns. She will have to undergo many reconstructive surgery. As for his house, it was partially destroyed by thefire.
Potentially dangerous products
The Round Rock Fire Department is investigating to determine the exact causes of this accident. Meanwhile, experts have informed that hydroalcoholic gels contain, for the most part, ethanol and are flammable. It is therefore recommended to keep away from any flame until the product is absorbed or evaporated.
Kate Wise’s friends have created an online fundraiser to pay for medical bills. On the GoFundMe page, we can read:
The coronavirus has brought many dangerous products to our shelves, many of them have not been properly tested and are unsafe.
One of my best friend’s experienced a tragedy this weekend. She put hand sanitizer on, lit something in her room with…
Posted by Norvelle Kathryn Bonesteel on Wednesday September 2, 2020